Now they are telling me the transmission will need rebuilt or replaced - at least $5000 !!! On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Policy. Some years back I bought a 1990 Ford Aerostar from a used car dealer but it had some factory warranty remaining. If it is, you should take it to a Ford dealer to have the CVT replaced. Clear DTCs. The rear wheels may also appear to become excessively dusty. The technician stated that the transmission needed to be replaced. Sure, I have 7 grand laying around, doesn't everyone.NOT. Consumer writes in regards to hard shifting and two instrument panel lights illuminating. I asked the service manager why they just didnt hone the cylinder wall and he said that Ford wouldnt allow this. I just bought a pedal sensor in the hope of improving my issue . I've attached picture steps below showing the location and removal and replacement of the transmission control module on your vehicle. Vehicle, went into a "creep mode" immediately following one of the instances, but the computer reset itself after several minutes. Ford will notify affected owners and dealers will update the powertrain control module software, free of charge. The repair cost chart excludes repairs made under warranty, do-it-yourself repairs, and repair trips that include maintenance. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. On September 17, 2018, Ford Motor Company issued a recall for certain model year 2005-2006 Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego vehicles equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT). 2005 Ford Five hundred. However from that point on, the transmission worked well until I sold the Aerostar 100,000 miles later. Ford Motor company issued a recall to have my vehicle type brought into the deal to hae he Throttle Bottle cleaned. Looks like direct drive on this 3.0 motor seems to have a tiny dripple under it Given the difference in price, Im assuming theyll go with the rebuilt option and Ill have to escalate to get a replacement. This is a basic video illustrating how to locate the transmission dip stick and check/refill the cvt type transmission for many Ford v6 front wheel drive veh. The recall is due to a defect that can cause the transmission to slip out of gear, resulting in a loss of power and an increased risk of a crash. Get the best deals on Complete Auto Transmissions for Ford Five Hundred when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Search by VIN. Paint, Rust, Leaks, Rattles, and Trim (3%). Ck fluid with engine warm and idling in park on a Ford. The failure occurred five times. The engine in your 2005 Ford Five Hundred should be running when you perform a transmission fluid level check, otherwise it will be inaccurate. In May 2007, Ford announced a recall of about 12,000 Ford Five Hundred and Mercury Montego vehicles equipped with a CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Either way, what you describe as running rough sounds like an air/fuel mixture thing. Looking for installation procedure. I had other problems with the transmission within the first year (nothing as serious as this) and Im wondering if a new replacement will have those same issues. Normally, the fan speed changes only to maintain a selected temperature, but when the fan speed changes frequently and needlessly, there is an issue with the fan speed control unit. Only used 2 year Many failed at 65000 miles. Vehicle behaved as if stuck in "low gear" (CVT) "check trans" displayed on info screen after restart. Kmj. Ford issued a recall for the affected vehicles and offered to replace the CVT free of charge. Why hasn't Ford been forced to replace this transmission for all of the 150 complaints listed on the website? Problems with 2005 Ford Five Hundred Hi there, I'm having some problems with my 2005 Ford Five Hundred (6 speed automatic). .. Id sell it right now while its still driving. The car rolled down a hill and into a river, killing the man and his two young children. Left front wheel bearing worn out at 49,000 miles. I had considered a new Fusion, but no more. We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information. A mechanic determined that the transmission failed. Drive by wire ! With the option of a folding front passenger seat, a Five Hundred was able to carry objects up to ten feet long inside the vehicle. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was coasted down an incline and then the transmission began to operate normally. Transmission was making a grinding noise; pitch changed with accelerator. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Visitor. I own a 2005 Ford 500 with a headlight issue. The recall is for a software issue that could result in the CVT going into limp mode, which limits the vehicle to a maximum speed of 5 miles per hour. The check transmission and check engine light came on. Now the battery is charged but I cannot start my car because I anti theft keeps on going off. 151 kilowatts 3.0L V6 6-speed automatic FWD. I proceded to fill the tank with gas and made sure the gas cap was on correctly. Retorqued tanny cover bolts. 2005 Ford Five Hundred "AWD Limited" with about 135k miles and the CVT trans. Occasional hesitation or clunk, as if transmission slipping. Starting in early 2000's, many car makers including Ford started installing fly by wire electronic throttle bodies. Edit: I usually drive it like a grandpa, maybe it just needed some zoom-zooms. For the 6 speed auto trans the dipstick is located behind the radiator support, to the left of the air cleaner box. Cleaned the throttle body , no change - $150 charge . See They took it apart and put it back together and said all is well. My concern is this third transmission will also fail at some point. If engine revs and speed doesn't increase, then trans is slipping. breadcrumb. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but this is what happened. However, a more complex repair such as replacing a broken appliance may take a few hours. (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. . Half the cost I paid for the car !! 4. No previous transmission issues, and I take very good care of the car, with recent dealer maintenance. may break down before the transmission is taken out of service. I hope that you find everything you need on our website and that we can help guide you through all your automotive needs. TrueDelta is not affiliated with any car manufacturer or their trademarks. powertrain control module Also note: this only applies to vehicles with single or dual automatic climate control. There have been times when a trans replacement is the only proper repair only to be scrutinized by. . This is not the first time GM has had to recall vehicles due to airbag issues. The first time the dealer rebuilt the transmission it wouldnt go into overdrive. The contact stated that while driving 60 mph, the transmission failed and the speed dropped to 30 mph. On July 23, General Motors (GM) announced a recall of over three million vehicles due to a software defect that could cause airbags to deploy unexpectedly. Wednesday, November 21st, 2018 AT 9:18 AM When I turn the steering wheel to the right, or when I go over a bump or pot hole, the car makes a grinding/squealing noise that seems located at the left rear end. The Ford Five Hundred is a roomy sedan emphasizing comfort and good ergonomics over performance and pizzazz. Driving with a recalled transmission is extremely dangerous and could result in death or serious injury. I suppose I will have an transmission failure soon to come. 2005 ford five hundred. .. The service manager found the overdrive band on the technicians workbench so it had to come apart again. This Service is not affiliated with the various automotive companies featured therein. If you try to accelerator during one of these hesistations the transmission engages at a much higher RPM, can be damaged. 2005 Ford Five Hundred SE 6-spd auto. eBay; eBay Motors . Today I was driving about 25mph and the engine started revving but the transmission wasn't getting a good bite. problems related to transmission failure (under the power train category). We are 103,000+ car owners sharing real-world car information. So far it's a one-time problem. Power steering problem I just changed the ect sensor due to service engine warning. Would an air/fuel mixture problem possibly cause the throttle problem do you think? I have a 2006 Ford Five Hundred with 139,000 miles on it and SOMETIMES while going 55MPH on a flat road my RPM's will be at 2500. Don't drive long distance wondering how important it is to fix. If you have a car affected by the recall, you will need to take it to a dealership or authorized repair facility to have the transmission repaired. This may not illuminate the Code is p0191, replaced fuel pump and inertia switch as suggested in tsb. Source: www.familyautoofgreenville.com. While driving various speeds, it was difficult to shift gears. The front-wheel-drive SEL has a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $23,420, while the all-wheel-drive model lists for $25,270. Post by jfc Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:30 am. The Ford 500 CVT transmission recall affects over 12,000 vehicles from the 2006 and 2007 model years. . The contact owns a 2005 Ford Five hundred. This is a well documented problem, and is caused by a failing blower motor resistor. I was traveling down the road and came to a red light and when I slowed down to check for traffic, my wrench check-engine light came on. Is it a viable/better option to replace with the 6-speed auto? No matter what the dealership wants to do, the ultimate decision will be made on the corporate level. Authorized dealership, said nothing was wrong with the vehicle after they scanned it. The gas mileage isn't that good but it's a 2005. 2005 Ford Five Hundred: Pricing Effective: 05/06/2005: Model Pricing: Retail Price: Dealer Price: Destination: SE 4-door sedan $ 22,165 . I've been told this is.. These transmissions arent really rebuildable and a new one will run you around 6 grand before labor. Driving home from work the car just quit pulling. All rights reserved. Top. A defective There have been a few high-profile cases in the news lately of people driving with recalled transmissions. Five Hundred / Montego Reviews. Ford offered the AWD with CVT when they re-introduced the 500 in 2005. The bulb holder is for 9006 bulb. Not a peep out of this one, it's silent. The vehicle was not repaired. The car would shudder when accelerating or slowing down. I thought only mini-cars (Subaru Justy) used them. The dipstick is a round yellow plastic towards the bottom of the transmission. At that point my car would no longer shift out of first gear. The contact moved the vehicle off the roadway and allowed the vehicle to cool down. There is a bundle of wires hanging from the rear view mirror. With few options due to the weekend, I had them repair it. Each time car was brought to the dealership for repairs, including replacing modules and the trans axle pan. There is no noise when turning .. The contact did not notice if any warning indicators were illuminated. 1. The diagnosing technician should check for voltage present in the The VIN was unknown. The Ford Five Hundred was the first full-size Ford sedan to feature a folding rear seat to supplement the 21 cubic foot trunk (larger than the Lincoln Town Car). Or possibly an air leak. I then contacted the parent company FORD, asking who I should take my vehicle to for diagnosis without the idiot codes. New (factory OEM rebuilt) transmission installed, also required a transmission mount to be replaced (mount broke due to hard shifts). Report a safety problem Find recalls by VIN. Est. I had transmission problems and the Ford dealer rebuilt the transmission under warranty.
The Greatest Man That Ever Lived On Earth, Is Andrea Joy Yeager Still Alive, Taylor Hickson Accident, Tendentious Humour Examples, Purpose Relationship Analogy Examples, Articles OTHER